- 1929’s US trade protectionist policies extended the Great Depression by ten years
- Trade Wars result in domestic inflation
- Positive effects of US tax reform muted by threat of trade wars
- Robert Shiller, an American Nobel laureate and Yale economics professor, said that US trade wars with China would result in an economic crisis if they continue to escalate.
- The US needs China to help negotiate with North Korea in regards to their nuclear arms
- The US needs China to continue buying their government debt to finance the American’s massive $1 trillion annual budget deficit.
- The ongoing trade rhetoric between China and the US will get worse before any agreement is reached
Strategies for Do-It-Yourself Investors™